Saturday, July 31, 2010

your love is all I need

Last Sunday we FINALLY went to see the Gross' new house!

I wish I would have gotten a picture of Adella's reaction to my cast, since she herself had just gotten out of one a few months ago.  
Concern, fear, and utter distaste. She wanted nothing to do with it for quite a while.

Opie wasn't allowed inside.
A. They don't allow dogs
B. She might piddle
C. She may chew on something

So we smuggled her in inside a large purse of mine, and stuck her in the garage.
It went great until she barked at the neighbor, so we brought her in and threw a little something on her.

Adella's diaper.

She was so mad at me.
Andrina loved it.
She was convinced she could see Opie "going to the bathroom" in her diaper.
Adella couldn't figure out what the heck her diaper was doing on the dog.
And it gave us all a laugh.

 
Adorable isn't it!

******

Tuesday I get my cast off.
I can't tell you how excited I am.
The incision has been itching for the last 3 days.
At least with the other spots that itched they would go away.
This one is lasting all day.

I don't want to know what my leg hairs will look like.
3 weeks is a long time to go without shaving.
I made sure to shave the day of the surgery.
Right now I imagine its a jungle
I may need to bust out a weed whip.
Nice picture in your head huh?

At this point in the game I REALLY don't want to get the other one done AT ALL.
In fact, the thought of it makes me want to crawl in a hole.
I would love to tell the doctor that I was kidding, and the other one is fine.
Too bad he has already seen the x-ray.
At least I will have two weeks of working between the two.
But
I REALLY don't want to go under anesthesia again.
I hated waking up.
My eye lids would not stay open, even though I really wanted them to.

I almost cut my cast off last night.
In fact I think I begged Andrew to help me.
I told him we would super glue it back on when we go to the doctor.
He didn't buy it.







4 comments:

  1. AUNTIE OF THE YEAR! WAY TO GO ON SCARING ADELLA! THAT SUCKS THAT YOU HAVE TO GET THE OTHER ONE DONE BUT JUST THINK IT WILL ALL BE OVER SOON!!!THINK POSITIVE! AT LEAST YOUR FEET WONT HURT!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do what I can! I hope it is over quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ENJOY your blogs... they put a smile on my face! LOVE Opie!! Cute to put a diaper on, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you! I am really glad you enjoy them!! I actually found that I really enjoy writing them! I need to post more pictures of opie. I have a ton.

    ReplyDelete