Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We just can't win.

Yes, this is cast #3


We went in thinking I would be walking out with a boot. WELL I guess boots are not as fitted and would cause rubbing on the back of my heel. Which apparently is bad news.
So
They fit me with a walking cast.
This one is heavier.
AND
They had to stretch out my foot/tendon.
Not a good feeling.

Wanna see the incision?
Okay.
Very pretty isn't it?
Looks the same as last time.
The big black lines are marker.
I like to think that they drew them before, and used them to make sure I was put back together right.
It still looks a little swollen to me.
My right leg is smaller in size then my left.
But the left will get its chance to thin out, just give me a few weeks.
The difference was a little astonishing.
The doctor said I could go back to work in about a week.
Then I have to work for 2 weeks to get my vacation.
That's right,
I was 80 hours short.

This whole process has taken longer than we anticipated.
I am not loving it at all.

AND
on top of this

Duluth hired someone else.

Its like we aren't going to get a break at all.
Even though we really need one.
School loans are coming due soon.
The next semester starts soon.
Since Andrew isn't a student at SCSU he would have to be hired on as "staff" in order to keep working with his professor. That would mean that they would have to pay him a lot of money. Which they don't want to do.
We are frustrated and a little angry.
He sent his transcript to the lady in Duluth 3 different times, the last being about a week ago.
Guess who emailed him today asking for the same thing.
AND
Not but 5 minutes after sending it he finds out that they have already filled the position.
Anger pretty much describes how we are feeling today.
Numb does as well.
All other Histotechnician jobs are out of state, at least the ones with the most potential.

Opie of course is oblivious to everything.
I wish I was her.

2 comments:

  1. that is going to make a great scar!
    now that is something to look forward to.


    and looking at Adella's cast her heel was almost completely worn from the inside out. good luck my itchy hairy sista.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that I am looking forward to a scar, but thanks anyway!

    I am itchy, and I am sure that leg will be very hairy by the end of this crap!

    ReplyDelete