Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Meet Roque

We had planned to get Miss Opie a boyfriend after winter, making whoever we bought about a year younger than her. The age difference wasn't too big of a deal. They are just dogs.
That was our plan until one day when we decided to go for a walk around the lake with Opie.
A girl nearly ran up to us asking us if we had gotten her from the pet store.
Actually she said HIM..
apparently she was there yesterday and there was a dog that looked just like Opie, and she had thought we had bought him.
Well hearing that there was another long haired miniature daschund in St. Cloud perked up my ears!
It is so hard to find them, when we looked online before we had Opie, the only ones for sale were over 75 miles away.
I BEGGED Andrew to go with me to the pet store.
and I won :)
My friend and coworker Ashley was with me, and Andrew had a friend from work with him as well.
At first the girl working there (a complete idiot) told us that the only daschunds they had were red short haired. We almost walked away when Andrew found him against another wall.
He was soo adorable!
They thought he was ugly.
And made him over 1/2 off.
Their mistake.
We got a killer deal for him.
And he is super super sweet.
Opie likes him.
But hates him at the same time.
Mostly when we are giving him attention.
Thank goodness we didn't wait a year! I can't imagine how she would have been then!

He is soo tiny!
On our way to Milaca.
Please note the ADORABLE pink bows I made Opie.
(everyone always thinks she is a boy.. even with the pink collar)

She really wants nothing to do with him sometimes.
She'll come around.

his face is much darker than hers- makes him look like a boy


She hated this. Each time we tried to make them lay next to each other she would get up and run away.
At this point I think she was so tired she just gave up.

After Sleeping 8 hours he slept 3 more.
This little guys sleeps alll the time.
He loves to cuddle.
So do I.

******

FOOT UPDATE

In a boot now!
the day after getting that awful cast I was having a hard time walking and pain in my ankle.
I called, they probably thought I was whining.
I got my way though.

AND

When they took off the cast I asked to see it, looked inside and found a ripple of cast.
These guys rock.

But I still won.



5 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!! He's beautiful! Once a weiner lover, always a weiner over!!! Now watch for the daschund races in Wayzata this Fall, you have to take them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.wayzatachamber.com/dach.htm
    Sat, Sept. 11th. YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! You can even enter them into races, I saw the post on there to download an entry form. Some of the races are one of you is on one side & has the dog, and on the other side (finish line) is the other one of you... maybe with a toy that he/she likes or food they like. Another race is someone is in the center sitting on a chair, the timer goes, you let the dog go & he/she is timed how long it takes them to hop onto the person in the chair. It's truly a good time. My girlfriend took my Lola last yr. She has "Daisy" a daschund, but he doesn't like other dogs to she took Lola. My mom has Lola (couldn't take her away once she fell in love with her) and my mother lives across the street from my girlfriend, so she sits for Lola all the time. Let me know if you're going, and I'll see if Loree is taking Lola again this yr, the 2 of you could meet each other. She's been debating on getting another one, she will fall in LOVE with the 2 of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha ilove the ic of them in the car and you wrote arranged marrage aha super funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the up date! Looks like you had fun at the fair.Wish utah had that good of a fair. Cute picture of the dogs. Hope all is going well.We love you.Hope andrew can find a job soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Fair was fun, and I hope he gets a job too! The puppies are so funny and cute! They finally have come around and like eachother!

    ReplyDelete