Tuesday, August 24, 2010

In my mind we can conquer the world

Today is so beautiful.
The wind is blowing a wonderful cool wind in through my open windows and doors. 
 I just wish we had more like these.
I am not a big fan of summer, or winter.
I love fall, and spring. But mostly fall.

Andrew and I have been pondering what we should do for our 8 year anniversary.
(yes, it is a month and a half away)
We thought about flying, driving, or taking a train to Chicago.
Money doesn't approve of that.
So in state it is.
Taylors Falls has been catching our eye lately and we are trying to decide what to do.
I personally would love to go there the night before, or early that morning, and canoe down the river 2-3 hours, then walk around enjoying the day. Finishing off with a dinner cruise on the river.
Sounds and looks lovely right?




Andrew doesn't agree.
Well, he does.. to a point.
His problem is the weather.
We have no way to know if it will be nice enough to enjoy a canoe trip in the beginning of October.
Have you been on the river that late in the year?
Is it FREEZING?
The cruise isn't the problem at all, in fact I hope the leaves are changing around that time.
It's really my favorite time of year.
I just don't know what to do.

Were not set on this quite yet. We love exploring MN and would love to know of anywhere else that we could enjoy the wonderful outdoors without pitching a tent and not showering. Looking more for a day trip.
I would LOVE your suggestions.
Keep in mind we are not looking to go to Duluth or the Cities.
Been there,
done that.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe not a Minnesota outing but an Iowa outing...say..to Manchester where I live? lol Sorry-it's been so long since I've been there but I know wherever you guys go will be....magical:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 years!? whoa! crazy congrats. i think taylor falls is a good idea otherwise what if u gus went to canada!??!

    ReplyDelete