Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Haglunds Deformity

Right heel


Left Heel
Tomorrow (Thursday July 15) I am having surgery to correct the "pump bump" on my right heel. They will go in, move my Achilles tendon and grind down the bone. Because they have to move such a large tendon the healing process will take 2-3 weeks, but because I have one on each heel it will take longer. Two weeks after my first surgery I will go in and see how much the right has healed, if the doctor is happy with that one, then I will have surgery on the left.
Exciting eh?
I hope that the first one does not take long to heal, if it does then my 5-6 weeks of recovery
turns into 7-8 LONG weeks.

 I can't afford that

From the side it is hard to see how far they really stick out. Let me show you an aerial view..
Sexy huh?

After working at Country Manor for almost a year and wearing tennis shoes for 8 hours+ I started to feel some pain from these little  bumps. The only way I can describe how it feels is: Put a marble in the back of your shoes, even a half a marble... And proceed to walk around for 8 hours. In those 8 hours you must include bending, squatting, at at times speed walking. Trust me, my the time you are done you will want to cut your leg off. Its not just pain in the heels, that bone pain can shoot all the way up to your knees. Its lovely.
So now we count down. I have no idea when I am to be there tomorrow. They will call me some time today and tell me when to get my sorry butt in there.
I hope its not early.
I have never had surgery, or been put under.
I am not looking forward to that, or anything else for that matter.

Your more than welcome to come hang out with me during those weeks off!
You have my number.



*for more information on Haglunds click on the title "Haglunds Deformity"


3 comments:

  1. I would love to come and hang out with you! Nelyana can sing you a song and tell you all about Dora and you may even go on an imagination hunt and meet swipper the fox and the grumpy old troll!! Never a duel moment in my world!! We love ya hope you are feeling better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please come! I would love to have her sing to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, i am going to have this surgery done on both my feet but i am only 16 and am worried about how long it's going to take to get back to normal :( how long was your recovery until you could walk again and wear shoes?

    ReplyDelete