Friday, March 11, 2011

Beautiful morning, sad day

I will be the first to tell you that I hate winter. I only enjoy it from when it starts, until just after New Years. After that it can go away. But here in Minnesota it likes to stay nearly year round. I hate the cold, I hate the ice, I hate the sand and snow that get into my car. I hate how my car gets dirty so freaking fast.
At this time of the year there is very few things I can say I like. Sledding-which only happens once in a while, if not just once. My very pretty hats and scarves. And this...

I loved my drive home this morning. It was so beautiful. I wish I would have been able to capture the sunrise, but it was a bit cloudy in Milaca. I absolutely love the frost on trees, it makes everything look so clean and peaceful , and definitely put me in a good mood on the long drive home despite the horrific things happening in Japan and all over the different coasts. I could not even begin to imagine what it would be like to have your world shaken down around you, then to have it washed away. Such sadness and pain. The anticipation of what is to come has got to be the worst. Not knowing when and if a tsunami will hit.. one of the scariest things. I just hope that through all this people will pull together and realize there is much more to life then fancy things, and status and that its about family, friends and enjoying life as much as possible.

3 comments:

  1. that is beautiful but looks very very cold. It is in the 70 here today and I am so glad it is here I don't like the cold either and it has been cold here this winter I say bring on the spring and summer here in So UT

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pictures are pretty but it would be far more beautiful if these were taken in December, not March!

    Far more to life then fancy things & status, don't forget it sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Audge, these pics are pretty I only sorda kinda maybe miss Minniesooda now. your blog backgroud is so you I love it defiantly a favorite of mine. The whole tsunami is very clear to be a sign of the second coming its an amazing thing to think about

    ReplyDelete