Thursday, March 13, 2008

Playing with money!

Not too long ago Us Bank (where I work) put out this competition. See who can take a creative picture somehow incorporating the Us Bank logo. Prize goes to whoever is involved in the picture.. Whats the prize you ask?!?! $10,000.00, so my district manager Sharon Hess asked me if I could come up with some cute idea that would get us the money. I couldn't come up with anything that seemed original or even cute. So she decided that we were going to make a HUGE snow man, like 10 feet tall. So we went to work on getting this snowman made. Well the weather wasn't working with us and the snow wasn't sticky enough. So now we had to come up with another idea. One day my mummie and joshy came to visit me and we started talking. I told them about this contest and asked if they had any ideas. Josh of course had many! He told me that we should take money and stack it into the shape of the logo.. I didn't think that Sharon Hess would allow us to play with that much money, so I just set that idea aside. Well not but a few days later we were trying to come up with a good idea... and so I brought up Josh's idea and people loved it! So one of the days a few of us stayed after work and put it together. And I must say it turned out awesome! The people in the picture (from left to right) Shelly (new co-worker), Danelle, Sarah and Tyler (in back.. Tanya's kids) Tanya and Andrew. I was the one taking the picture.. I'm sure all of you are wondering how much money was actually used. Well in the beginning we weren't sure how much money we were going to need. So we just threw out a number... 40,000.00 to be exact. And so because I was "in charge" of this whole ordeal I had to buy the money from Todd (the vault teller) and make sure all of it got back to him. We ended up using only 8,000.00 in twenties and 1,500.00 in ones. The twenties were used for the U and S and the ones were used for the outside. Now just so everyone is clear... we did NOT do this during bank hours. We have too many weirdo's that would have sacrificed a limb or any other part of their body to get a few bucks.. so after hours only! any-who .. we are still waiting on the results of the competition.. I will let you know if we won!! although I'm not too sure.. there are some really awesome entry's too...

3 comments:

  1. wow, that is pretty stinking cool. good job JOSH! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heck! That is really really neat! The question is How do you transfer that into my bank account?! Koodos' for Joshy! He is soo amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very very VERY clever Idea!
    I'm with Heidi, and when can that be deposited into my account?

    ReplyDelete