Thursday, December 31, 2009

Turkey Day!

Thanksgiving this year was spent with the Braman and Gross Families! This year I made pies, rolls and drinks! My pies where not exactly hand made-but they where yummie! Well the apple pie was, but mom made most of it.. I just decorated it :) I made a blueberry pie which ended up all over Adella, thanks to a little help from me! The poor girl never gets to be messy.. so I had to hook her up. My favorite is the up close of her where you can see the blue sprinkle hanging from her hair, as well as all the blueberry she is covered in!
Once again this year we had an amazing meal. Dad is such a good cook, and we never know what kind of seasonings he will use. The turkey tasted fantastic and I believe my mother had a new recipe for stuffing- which was a hit. Every year we bust out mom's china to use for dinner. Each year I am reminded of how beautiful they really are. We go all out and make the place settings formal... small fork, large fork, multiple plates, goblets... one for juice and one for water. I just love the look of the table before we sit down to attack the meal. Also each year we place the ceramic turkey that Dad made in the center of the table. Some thanksgivings he is filled with stuffing, rolls, or other various foods... this year he was empty but was still a beautiful addition to the table. Oh and P.S. Emma, your face looks wonderful above the turkey..
This year I think I was more thankful for traditions more than anything. I love that we do pull out the china, and have a beautiful table set up. It makes Thanksgiving a little more meaningful.

2 comments:

  1. Freak.
    I can't believe you kept my giant head in that pic, that face even scares me a bit.. i suppose that should teach me not to make faces anymore. Pay back won't be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha
    You are the one that put your face in the picture. Its the only picture I had of the turkey that was good :) hahaaaa
    I think payback is not needed.

    ReplyDelete